Although we love writing our blog, we so enjoy sitting back and reading others too. Lots of people ask for links on our site, so rather than just links for the sake of it, and inspired by Italytutto’s Top 10 Posts from Italy, we thought we’d recognise the good in context, and add a permanent link to the site and for any relative tweets we’ve made.
Linking Abruzzo 1: 29/01/2010
1. Carbonara, What Do Italian River Shrimp, Saffron, and Pink Grapefruit Have in Common? Some of the best trout we’ve been served has been in Abruzzo, rather than case it in almonds and lashings of butter they let it’s own flavour shine on through, Joshua’s review encapsulates our very own feelings…
2. Save the Montepulciano/NoOilAbruzzo, MOG’s Application to Delete Abruzzo’s Fish Stocks & Endanger Fishermen’s Jobs | Can Abruzzo Afford an Oil Spill? 2 posts about what the oil giants have planned for the Abruzzo coastline unless stopped!
3. AboutAbruzzo, Video of Seven Aspect of Abruzzo, Very very iffy music but great scenes of Abruzzo created by the tourist board and dug out from the You Tube archive vault by Bodach
4. Villasfor2, David’s ‘Special Italian Wine’ – January 10, Our very favourite white wine at LifeinAbruzzo is Pecorino & it’s become our mission to introduce everyone who only thinks it is a cheese to it! Here’s David’s review on one that has just won Best Italian White Wine in London.
5. Bloomberg, Secretive ‘Lord of Wine’ Made Italy’s Best White, Winegrowers in Abruzzo can be gloriously eccentric, more grape less celeb,- here’s the story of one of them Edoardo Valentini and his Trebbiano d’Abruzzo.
6. Bicycle Design, A Bike for the Abruzzo National Park, How cool and how environmentally friendly is all we can say about Alessio D’Onofrio’s bike designs specifically for Abruzzo’s parkland, can’t wait till they’re out!
7. Italy Mag, L’Aquila After the Earthquake, A story that defines the horrors of life after an earthquake has struck and makes sure we try to do everything we can for Haiti.
8. The Guardian, Skiing in Abruzzo, All good, but not sure what century they travelled to Abruzzo in to ski, they declare it one of Italys’ poorest regions? Something that nobody here recognises or is in any official stats…
9. The Times, The 10 best adventures of a lifetime, Our favourite little European Tibet has been officially recognised as one of the places to have the 10 best adventures of a lifetime, about time!
10. Useful Tip for Visitors to Abruzzo, NY Times, How to Keep the Cost of Mobile Calls Down in Italy, It can get very expensive, read and make notes!
11. Not Strictly Abruzzo, but the buffoon has a big impact! Berlusconi Bites, or rather his latest Gaffe of Ignorance Immigrants equal criminals – does the man not have an educational advisor or real-life expert, keep up to date with the latest Berlusconi bites from Blog From Italy.